Research interests: intersection of the arts and disability sectors, social acceptability/ inclusion.
Past projects: Sides of Singapore by Very Special Arts Singapore (2019), Teater Ekamatra's Projek Suitcase (2018).
Employment opportunities in the arts for persons with disabilities: a case study on Very Special Arts Singapore Limited (VSA)
This dissertation explores the employment opportunities for persons with disabilities (PWDs), specifically in the arts while using VSA as a case study. Within the past 10 to 15 years, efforts to improve employment for PWDs have increased. Various implementation plans have been put in place for PWDs to gain employment in other areas but not specifically in the arts sector. Hence, the study looks into VSA to better understand the current state of employment opportunities in the arts for PWDs. Through interviews, this study aims to provide first-hand information of the challenges that PWDs face regarding employment in the arts and make recommendations on how to address these issues faced by PWDs.
May – Aug 2019
Very Special Arts Singapore Limited (VSA)
Programme intern (performing arts)
- Assisted in the performing arts department (Very Special Theatrics), APEX, ALIVE.
- Propose, plan and execute holiday workshops.
- Administration duties (registrations, enrolment and student fees).
May – Jul 2016
ACT 3 International
Arts admin assistant
- Served as assistant stage manager and operated the lighting and sound board during productions.
- Assisted with set design.
- Ensured the safety and welfare of performers aged 5 to 12.